MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
The parties hereby agree as follows:
- This Memorandum of Understanding shall be in effect during the parties' 2005-2008
collective bargaining agreement.
- The existing Unit 4 classification of Evaluator Trainee shall have a salary range with a
minimum monthly salary rate of $2,618 and a maximum monthly salary rate of $3,098. In
accordance with the existing classification standard, the training period for Evaluator
Trainee shall be six (6) to twelve (12) months.
- The Credential Analyst Trainee classification shall have a salary range with a minimum
monthly salary rate of $2,824 and a maximum monthly salary rate of $3,342. The training
period for Credential Analyst Trainee shall be six (6) to twelve (12) months, not to exceed
twelve (12) months.
- Trainees shall be appointed at a salary rate within the appropriate classification's
salary range. If at the time of appointment the trainee is a person employed on the campus,
the salary rate shall be at the trainee's current salary rate unless the rate is outside the
trainee classification salary range. In such cases, the trainee's salary shall be at the
salary rate within the range which is closest to the trainee's current campus salary.
- Trainee classifications shall be temporary classifications and shall not be utilized
beyond the training period specified in the classification standard or this Memorandum of
- The salary rates in 2 and 3 above shall be increased by the any General Salary
Increases negotiated during the life of this contract.
- Upon the successful completion of training (as determined by the President), an employee
shall be appointed to the appropriate Level I classification and shall be granted a salary
increase of no less than five percent (5%). In such cases, the employee shall receive
credit of six (6) months toward completion of his/her Level I probationary period for the
time worked in the trainee classification.
- If at any time during or at the completion of the training period the President
determines that an employee is not performing successfully, the employee shall return to the
Unit 4 classification and salary held immediately prior to the training period only if such
employee held permanent status in that classification.
Table of Contents