Students planning to enter the CSU can apply though the online application tool, CSUMentor, at CSUMentor. CSUMentor is also designed to help students and their families in choosing a CSU campus, planning to meet admissions requirements, learning about financial aid options and getting answers to frequently asked questions.
Requirements for Freshman Students
First-time freshman applicants must meet the standards in each of the following areas:
- Specific high school coursework.
- Suitable grades in specified courses and test scores.
- Graduation from high school.
Requirements for Transfer and Graduate Students
The majority of transfer students enter as upper-division transfers, and must complete at least 60 semester or 90 quarter units before transferring. Students who have earned an Associate Degree for Transfer will be admitted to the CSU with junior status.
To apply for admissions to graduate or postbaccalaureate studies, a student must:
- Earn a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with at least a 2.5 grade point average.
- Be in good academic standing, while satisfactorily meeting the professional, personal, scholastic and other standards for graduate study.
Due to the large number of applicants, some CSU campuses have higher standards (supplementary admission criteria) for particular majors or for students who live outside the local campus area. Campuses utilize local admission guarantee policies for students who graduate or transfer from high schools and community colleges that are historically served by a CSU campus in that region.
For detailed admissions information, including specific campus application information, visit CSUMentor »