Academic Affairs departments support innovative responses that are sensitive to each campus' unique needs and population. By working cooperatively with all its campus partners, the division nurtures CSU campuses and students to achieve their goals.
- Academic Programs & Faculty Development
- In support of campuses' commitment to high-quality academic programs, the Office of Academic Programs and Faculty Developmentcoordinates and facilitates the review and approval of new academic degree programs, assists in the development and implementation of policy on general education and other curricular matters, participates in addressing graduate education issues, and ensures that facilities’ planning is linked to academic program planning.
- Academic Research and Resources
- Academic Research and Resources helps provide analytic support for CSU efforts in planning, policy, and accountability.
- Academic Senate
- The Academic Senate of the California State University provides the means for the faculty to participate in the collegial form of governance that is based on historic academic traditions as recognized by California law.
- Academic Technology Services
- Academic Technology Services mission is to identify, advance, and support academic technology initiatives that enable student success through effective collaboration with our campus communities.
- Extended Education
- The Extended University has developed a growing inventory of courses, certificates, and degree programs delivered on campus as well as online, off-site, and using other technologies.
- International and Summer Programs
- The Office of International and Summer Programs is responsible for system level student programming in study abroad and the arts. This office also supports campus commitments to high quality international and arts programming and advises on policy in these areas.
- Research Initiatives and Partnerships
- The Office of Research Initiatives and Partnerships contributes systemwide support and promotion for CSU research, scholarship and creative activities. We foster and seek out external support for mission-related initiatives and partnerships that are systemwide and/or which may involve multiple campuses.
- Special Projects
- The Office of Special Projects oversees and coordinates a variety of projects involving the CSU system and campuses, including the special Nisei Honorary Degrees and the conventional Honorary Degrees. The office assists the Center for Civic Engagement on its projects and grants, and works with various Academic Affairs departments on writing, editing, video, web and marketing efforts. The office produces the online Academic Affairs newsletter.
- Student Academic Support
- Student Academic Support (SAS) assists the CSU 23 campuses with the broad range of student service-related programs designed to help students achieve their academic and personal goals.
- Student Engagement and Academic Initiatives and Partnerships
- Student Engagement connects CSU students to high-quality educational experiences – with community partners and faculty via service learning, with the California Community Colleges and other institutions to foster meaningful and purposeful transfer curriculum, and among faculty at sister campuses within the CSU – all to foster deeper learning and improved completion rates.
- Teacher Education and Public School Programs
- The CSU system annually prepares the majority of California's new teachers for grades K-12. The CSU is committed to preparing highly qualified teachers for California’s K-12 sector by strengthening its pedagogical professional development, carrying out research on K-12 teaching and learning, and implementing a course of study that focuses on best practices and increased results.