B.A. Sociology (1972)
- Graduated from a community college; is currently the longest-serving district CEO of a California community college (25 years).
- At the time of her appointment in 1988, she was the youngest ever hired and one of five female community college CEOs (of 70) in California.
- Grew student enrollment at her college from 4,000 to 24,000 during her 25 years of service.
- Launched the New Horizons program for re-entry students, which was implemented at 60 colleges in California, and created model statewide leadership programs for community college administrators.
- Built the University Center, an innovative facility that makes 40 bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees from leading universities available on her community college campus.
- Has received every statewide award bestowed specifically on community college CEOs, and served as president of the three major organizations for community colleges in California. Nationally recognized as a leader in fundraising, professional development and creating partnerships with business and industry.