Building, Design & Construction
B.S. Mechanical Engineering (1982)
M.S. Mechanical Engineering (1986)
- Has risen to hold several leadership positions in an industry that continues to be dominated by men and, as an entrepreneur, established her own successful design/build firm, Gotama Building Engineers, Inc. (GBE), located in Long Beach, CA.
- An example of GBE's work is the Leeway Sailing Center in Long Beach, designed to be the first "zero energy" facility in the city of Long Beach.
- Was a vice president at Syska & Hennessy, where she launched an international division for the firm. While there, led the team on the new Arrowhead Medical Center in San Bernardino County, where she is credited with developing an innovative piping design that is able to withstand an 8.5 magnitude earthquake—an essential in emergency facilities in California.
- LEED™ Accredited Professional and is currently the Programs Chair of the Long Beach branch of the U.S. Green Building Council, Los Angeles Chapter.
- Remains active with the CSU Fullerton College of Engineering and Computer Science (ECS), interacting with students at Professor for a Day events, as a presenter at the ECS Affiliates Technology Breakfast series, as well as being a member of the Dean's Advisory Council.