Awards & Recognition
Student Leadership Award
Rosendo Iñiguez, an undergraduate student in public health, serves as the Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drugs Student Coordinator at the Student Health Center and the chair of the Alcohol Safety Council Student Subcommittee (ASCSS) at CSU Fresno.
Iñiguez's accomplishments include:
- Increasing the visibility of ASCSS among organizations and groups on and off campus to reduce the incidence of prescription drug abuse and marijuana use on campus such as the PATH and Lock It Up programs.
- Expanding the role of the ASCSS to focus on not just alcohol, but also tobacco, prescription drugs and other drugs.
- Writing and overseeing distribution of Stall Seat Journals, which feature wellness-related information posted monthly in campus restroom stalls.
- Initiating and implementing a movie night as an alcohol alternative for students on campus.
- Representing the Associated Students president on the campus committee to review the campus's no-smoking policy.
- Overseeing the ASC Student Subcommittee's Facebook fan page.
- Developing and maintaining a new Facebook fan page for the 2012 AOD Higher Education Conference.
- Maintaining an active ASC Student Subcommittee.
- Serving as the student representative on the 2012 AOD Higher Education Conference planning committee.