University Auditor
Audit Committee Charter

How to Request an Investigation

Note that this process is designed for the campus administration to make formal requests for assistance. If a campus employee believes a situation should be investigated, they should consider filing a whistleblower complaint under Executive Order 929.

There may be times when a campus wants assistance from the OUA to investigate allegations of improper governmental activities. The official approval for such assistance must come from the Chancellor or the Board of Trustees. In order to request the OUA’s assistance, the campus should send a letter or email to the Chancellor that is signed/sent by the campus president and that contains the allegation details. Upon receipt of the letter or email, the Chancellor can request that the University Auditor conduct an investigation and an OUA representative will contact the campus to coordinate the work.

Content Contact:
Sarah Vagts
(562) 951-4430
Technical Contact:

Last Updated: July 21, 2011