San Francisco State University
Faculty Guidelines for Student Transcript Policy
Student Guidelines To Community Service Learning Hours
In Official Student Transcripts
Your academic transcript is a direct reflection of your college
career to potential employers and graduate and professional schools.
At San Francisco State University, you can permanently record your
hours in service to the community as part of a CSL course on your
official SFSU transcript.
- You must enroll in a course, which has a Community Service Learning
option. Sign up for the CSL option, which will require a minimum
of 20 hours per semester.
- Provide service to a non-profit organization according to faculty guidelines.
- Complete the Community Service Learning Plan (CSLP) before beginning
service and CSL-Script form
(.pdf) at the end of service. All forms must contain an agency
supervisor’s signature and your signature. Forms will be
available from your faculty member or they can be obtained from
the OCSL website: http://www.sfsu.edu/~ocsl
- Service hours must be for the current semester. Hours
from a previous semester will not be accepted.
- Return CSLP to faculty by due date as stated in the syllabi.
CSL-Script form must be returned to the faculty member no
later than the Wednesday before final exam week of the current
term. Please note that no late submissions will
be allowed unless approved by faculty member.
Your faculty member will provide all service activities and a list
of approved agencies. If you need additional assistance in finding
a placement, please call the Office of Community Service Learning
at (415) 338-6846.