CSU Student Leadership Programs
Both the four, long-established student-led programs featured in the Advancing Community Engagement With Student Leaders How-to Manual and our newly funded campus programs demonstrate the multitude of ways campus programs have been developed to address individual campus attributes —from campus history to geographic setting to student culture and demographics to available resources.
Following are profiles of each campus program:
CSU Featured Model-Programs
- Chico: Community Action Volunteers in Education (CAVE)
- Humboldt: Youth Educational Services (YES) and Service Learning Interns
- Los Angeles: Educational Participation In Communities (EPIC)
- Monterey Bay: Student Leaders For Service Learning (SL)2
Newly-Funded CSU Campus Programs (2009-10)
- East Bay: Leadership By Design
- Fresno: Richter Center Ambassadors
- Fullerton: Center for Internships and Community Engagement
- San José: Legacy Building Initiative
See tools for getting started to begin developing your student leadership program!
The CSU Center for Community Engagement gratefully acknowledges the Surdna Foundation for its generous and visionary support of The Next Stage: Boosting Service Learning to New Heights, three-year grant initiative.