Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA)
This voluntary benefit plan offers eligible employees the ability to pay
for eligible out-of-pocket expenses for dependent care with pre-tax dollars if the
care is required in order for the employee (and spouse, if married) to work.
- Can contribute $20 to $416.66 each month ($5,000 maximum per year) to
- Deducted from pay before federal, state and Social Security (FICA)
- Must re-enroll during the annual open enrollment period each fall to
participate during following calendar year. (Can change contribution amount at
- Enrolled employees can file a claim for reimbursement online (https://my.asiflex.com/) with the ASI-assigned user ID and password, or by completing a Claim Form (.pdf), and attaching an itemized bill for health care expenses.
- " In addition to the claims reimbursement processes outlined above, enrolled employees also have the option of requesting an
FSA Debit Master Card (.pdf), also called the "FSA Benny Card." The Card eliminates most out-of-pocket expenses and claims paperwork (exceptions apply).
- For expenses to be eligible:
- Dependent must be child under 13 for whom employee or spouse is entitled to
claim dependent status on income tax return, or spouse who is unable to care for
him/herself, or a financially dependent member of employee's household; and
- Care must be required in order for employee to be gainfully employed and,
if married, spouse also must be employed or actively looking for work.
- The CSU provides a 2 1/2 month grace period for employees enrolled in DCRA through December 31st. If an employee has a balance as of December 31st, the grace period allows them to be reimbursed for eligible expenses incurred through March 15th of the following year.
- Employees must submit claims no later than June 30th of the following year after the current plan year ends. After this date, any funds remaining in the employee’s account will be forfeited
May 09, 2016