Medical Insurance Plans
Employees that are benefits eligible may enroll in one of several medical plans for themselves and their eligible dependents:
Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
Employees select a primary care physician who coordinates all care including referral to specialists.
- Dedicated to delivering quality care and great value
- Both plans offer 360° Health, a program that helps members become involved in their health and wellness
- For more information, call (855) 839-4524 or visit their website.
- Individual practice plan where the employee must use contracted doctors/hospitals designated on plan lists for all services. To Find a Doctor click on “Find a provider,” then click on “Select your plan.” Select "CalPERS" from the drop down menu. Under "Select a sub plan" select "CalPERS Access+ HMO." Here you can find a doctor by specialty, name or location.
- To find a doctor click here. Click on "Find a provider" and under "Select your plan" select "CalPERS" from the drop down menu. Under "Select a sub plan" select "CalPERS Net Value HMO." Here you can find a doctor by specialty, name or location.
- Budget-friendly HMO plans with a tailored list of quality providers for selected California counties
- Ideal for employees who want one primary care physician to coordinate all their medical care
- For more information, call (888) 926-4921 or visit the website.
- A clinic/hospital-based plan where one specific clinic or hospital provides the services.
- Click here to find a doctor or facility.
- Local HMO plan serving residents of San Diego
- Commitment to healthcare delivered in a convenient and cost-effective manner
- For more information, call (855) 995-5004 or visit the website.
- Quality patient-centered healthcare at lower costs
- Distinct network of providers offers collaborative care and health management
- For more information, call (877) 359-3714 or visit the website.
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
PERS Choice and PERSCare (administered by Anthem Blue Cross of California)
- Search for a doctor by going to http://www.anthem.com/ca/calpers. Select“ Find a Doctor” and select your plan. In the “Select a Provider Type” drop down menu choose the provider type you are looking for. Now you can choose a specialty or indicate “No Preference” and “Next.” In the last section you can type in your address and/or zip code and search for providers.
PERS Select (administered by Anthem Blue Cross of California)
- Same level of benefits as PERS Choice at a lower monthly premium cost.
- Available in 54 of the 58 California counties (not available in Alameda, Marin, Placer, or Solano counties, or out-of-state).
- List of providers is 50 percent of the PERS Choice physician network. Search for a doctor by going to http://www.anthem.com/ca/calpers/.
Select “Find a Doctor” and select your plan.” In the “Select a Provider Type” drop down menu choose the provider type you are looking for. Now you can choose a specialty or indicate “No Preference” and “Next.” In the last section you can type in your address and/or zip code and search for providers.
Prescription Drug Information
CVS Caremark(Prescription Drug) Information
Dim strFileName, strFileNameCalendar, objFile, objFileSystemObject
Dim dtmLastModified, dtmLastModifiedDate, dtmLastModifiedTime
strFileName = Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")
strFileName = Replace(strFileName, "/", "\")
strFileName = Server.MapPath(strFileName)
Set objFileSystemObject = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objFile = objFileSystemObject.GetFile(strFileName)
dtmLastModified = objFile.DateLastModified
Set objFile = Nothing
Set objFileSystemObject = Nothing
dtmLastModifiedDate = FormatDateTime(dtmLastModified, 1)
dtmLastModifiedTime = FormatDateTime(dtmLastModified, 3)
Select Case Month(dtmLastModified)
sLastModifiedMonth = "January"
sLastModifiedMonth = "February"
sLastModifiedMonth = "March"
sLastModifiedMonth = "April"
sLastModifiedMonth = "May"
sLastModifiedMonth = "June"
sLastModifiedMonth = "July"
sLastModifiedMonth = "August"
sLastModifiedMonth = "September"
sLastModifiedMonth = "October"
sLastModifiedMonth = "November"
sLastModifiedMonth = "December"
Response.Write sLastModifiedMonth & " " & Day(dtmLastModified) & ", " & Year(dtmLastModified)