All eligible employees appointed half-time or more for a period of more than six months, and their eligible dependents, are automatically enrolled in the vision insurance plan.
- Premiums are paid by the CSU.
- May visit any licensed ophthalmologist, optometrist or dispensing optician of choice.
- By choosing a Select Network
provider in the Vision Service Plan (VSP), the insurance will cover more out-of-pocket costs.
To find a Select Network provider outside of California, log-in at
www.vsp.com or call VSP at (800) 877-7195.
- Administrator is Vision Service Plan (VSP).
The vision plan includes:
- One comprehensive eye exam every calendar year.
- One pair of lenses every other calendar year (or calendar year if your prescription
changes) and one frame every other calendar year.
- Contact lenses every other calendar year when contact lenses are provided in lieu of
all other lens and frame benefits.
- Claim form is not required when using standard in-network benefits.
- For employees eligible for the Video Display Terminal benefit, print the VDT Claim Form (.pdf) and present this to the VSP Select Network doctor or non-VSP provider.
- Services provided by a non-VSP provider must be paid in full by the employee. For reimbursement, complete a VSP Out-of-Network Reimbursement form (.pdf).
February 9, 2011