Employees are eligible for five days of bereavement leave with pay for each death of an immediate family member or significantly close relative.
Immediate family member and significantly close relative includes:
- the employee’s spouse or domestic partner;
- the employee’s, spouse’s or domestic partner’s father, mother, sister, brother, grandparent, great-grandparent, child (including foster, adopted and step child), grandchild;
- the employee’s son-in-law, daughter-in-law; and
- a relative of the employee, spouse or domestic partner who is living in the immediate household of the employee.
CSUEU employees may request in writing subject to supervisory approval to extend their bereavement leave by using accrued sick leave.
SETC employees, upon reasonable advance request to their supervisor, may be granted up to forty (40) hours of accrued sick leave for each death.
Non-represented employees may use up to five days of sick leave to extend their bereavement leave subject to supervisory approval for each death of a person related by blood, adoption, or marriage, or any person residing in the employee’s household.
- All CO Employees
- CSUEU Represented Employees (Units 7 and 9)
- SETC Represented Employees (Unit 6)
Note: Where there is a conflict with the collective bargaining agreement and the above summary, the collective bargaining agreement prevails.
April 26, 2011