Chancellor's Office Human Resource Services
Why Work for Us?

Work Environment
Labor Agreements

External Candidate
Internal Candidate
CO HR Services Home

Collective Bargaining Agreements

Here is information on agreements between the CSU and various unions.

CSUEU (Units 7 Clerical/Administrative Support and 9 Technical Support)
Most employees at the Chancellor's Office who are represented by a union are members of CSUEU Bargaining Unit 7 (Clerical/Administrative Support Services) or CSUEU Bargaining Unit 9 (Technical Support Services), and are covered by the March 20, 2012 - June 30, 2014 Collective Bargaining Agreement between the CSUEU and CSU.

(CSUEU stands for the CSU Employees Union, SEIU Local 2579. The union was formerly known as "CSEA.")

SETC (Unit 6 Skilled Crafts)
Represented employees who work in Building Services at the Golden Shore facility are members of Unit 6 (Skilled Crafts) and are covered by the September 19, 2012 to June 30, 2015 Collective Bargaining Agreement between SETC-United and CSU. (SETC-United stands for the State Employees Trades Council-United.)

Bargaining Updates
Collective bargaining with the various CSU unions is conducted by the CSU's systemwide Labor Relations Department. The Labor Relations Department negotiates statewide agreements with the various CSU unions, and those agreements govern the wages, hours and working conditions for union-represented employees at the 23 CSU campuses and the Chancellor's Office.

Bargaining Updates: From Labor Relations Department | From CSUEU

Agency Fee
Employees at the Chancellor's Office who are covered by a union contract and who are not dues-paying members of their union are required by California law to pay an agency fee each month. Agency Fee FAQ » (.pdf)

More Resources

  • Higher Education Employer-Employee Relations Act (HEERA)
    HEERA is the California statute that regulates employer-employee relations for the California State University and the University of California. It guarantees covered higher education employees the right to form, join and participate in “employee organizations” (unions) for the purpose of representation and “meeting and conferring” (collective bargaining).

  • Public Employment Relations Board (PERB): How to File a Charge
    PERB is the governmental agency that administers HEERA. Employees who believe that their employer has committed an unfair practice that violates HEERA may file a charge with PERB.

  • Decision Search
    Search the PERB website to locate cases that have been decided by the Board.

Content Contact:
Human Resource Services
(562) 951-4070
Request content in an alternate format.
Technical Contact:
Tell us about a Web Accessibility problem.
Last Updated: January 23, 2014