Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
The California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act is intended to protect children from abuse and neglect. Executive Order 1083 became CSU policy on January 1, 2013.
Executive Order 1083 outlines the responsibilities of a mandated reporter and states the procedures for filing a report of child abuse and neglect as follows:
- All CSU employees are designated mandated reporters of child abuse or neglect and as such are required to complete the "Acknowledgement of Mandated reporter Status and Legal Duty to Report Child Abuse and Neglect" (Attachment A) and send the original document to HR Services.
- As a designated mandated reporter, whenever an employee, in his/her professional capacity or within the course of his/her employment, has knowledge of or reasonably suspects child abuse or neglect has occurred, the employee must report the incident.
- Reporting via phone to Nathan Johnson, Chief law Enforcement Officer must be done immediately or as soon as practically possible. Chief Johnson can be reached at 562-951-4054.
- After making the phone report to The Chief Law Enforcement Officer, within 36 hours of coming into information regarding a suspected abuse or neglect incident, the employee must complete and submit Attachment D of Executive Order 1083 to the Chief law Enforcement Officer.
- Mandatory Training on the Child Abuse and Neglect Act will be provided to all employees, and all employees will be required to complete and submit to HR Services, Attachment B "Certificate of Training Completion".
Dim strFileName, strFileNameCalendar, objFile, objFileSystemObject
Dim dtmLastModified, dtmLastModifiedDate, dtmLastModifiedTime
strFileName = Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")
strFileName = Replace(strFileName, "/", "\")
strFileName = Server.MapPath(strFileName)
Set objFileSystemObject = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objFile = objFileSystemObject.GetFile(strFileName)
dtmLastModified = objFile.DateLastModified
Set objFile = Nothing
Set objFileSystemObject = Nothing
dtmLastModifiedDate = FormatDateTime(dtmLastModified, 1)
dtmLastModifiedTime = FormatDateTime(dtmLastModified, 3)
Select Case Month(dtmLastModified)
sLastModifiedMonth = "January"
sLastModifiedMonth = "February"
sLastModifiedMonth = "March"
sLastModifiedMonth = "April"
sLastModifiedMonth = "May"
sLastModifiedMonth = "June"
sLastModifiedMonth = "July"
sLastModifiedMonth = "August"
sLastModifiedMonth = "September"
sLastModifiedMonth = "October"
sLastModifiedMonth = "November"
sLastModifiedMonth = "December"
Response.Write sLastModifiedMonth & " " & Day(dtmLastModified) & ", " & Year(dtmLastModified)