- Enrollment at CSU campus no later than spring term prior to departure or eligibility to enter from a California community college by fall term of the program start date.
- A cumulative GPA for all higher education work of 2.75 at the time of the application deadline. Students with a cumulative GPA below the stipulated level will be considered when special circumstances exist. Business studies at Concordia requires a 3.00 cumulative GPA.
- Upper-division standing by the end of spring term prior to departure. Graduate studies are not available in Canada.
- Completion of all lower-division requirements for the major by the end of spring term prior to departure. Advanced study in the major may be required.
- The following programs at Concordia University are very restricted and are therefore not recommended: Communication Studies and Journalism, Engineering and Computer Science and Business.
- Students must have an interest in Québec and in studying French. Maturity and flexibility are important qualities that help students adjust to a new culture and university. Although a host university representative is available to help IP students resolve administrative difficulties, students must be able to handle day-to-day problems on their own.