Taiwan: Academic Programs
- National Taiwan University: Most CSU students will attend NTU, one of the top-ranked institutions in Asia. There are three study options at NTU:
- Learn Chinese: Serious students of Chinese language can focus all of their studies on studying Mandarin Chinese language (listening, speaking, reading and writing). Class sizes are small (2-6 students) to maximize student progress. Students may supplement their Chinese language classes with electives offered by NTU, taught either in English or Mandarin, depending on the student's language abilities. Applicants must have completed a minimum of two terms of Mandarin Chinese language study prior to departure.
- Study in English: Students new to studying Mandarin Chinese may also apply and study certain subjects taught in English at NTU, including coursework in: Asian/Taiwan Studies, Economics, Political Science, Literature, Business, Environmental Science and Engineering. Students must also be willing to study Mandarin Chinese both semesters. Chinese courses are offered at the beginning, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Advanced: Students with near-native fluency in Mandarin may take classes in the regular university.
- National Tsing Hua University, located in Hsinchu, a little more than an hour from Taipei, has an outstanding reputation in the sciences and is home to the first nuclear reactor in Taiwan. Only superiour students in the sciences who have near native fluency in Mandarin Chinese may apply to National Tsing Hua University.
The Wang Family Scholarship
The Wang Family Scholarship provides an opportunity for students to prepare for a role in a rapidly changing international and interdependent world. Ten $4,000 scholarships will be awarded to students for study in Taiwan. Applications are due December 15. See your IP campus coordinator for more information. Applications are available on the IP website under FAQs.