Assessing General Education under EO 1065
This symposium provides an opportunity for CSU campus teams to develop and/or refine plans and strategies for GE assessment. The protected time at the symposium will be used by teams to develop and/or refine plans and strategies for GE assessment summarized as an action plan to develop an institutional approach to GE assessment. Teams will be selected by ITL to attend this conference.
ITL will support up to four faculty team members per campus covering registration for the WASC-ARC retreat and on site hotel lodging. Click here for details on the WASC retreat.
A Summer Institute on GE assessment will be held in June 25-27, 2012 to follow up on this conference. Campus teams that attend the symposium are expected to apply for this ITL supported Institute.
Contact the ITL Director, Wayne Tikkanen, for further information.
When and where is the symposium?
October 26-29, 2011 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley-Marina, Berkeley CA
Who should attend?
Preferred team composition includes faculty leadership in: the GE program, Program Review, Faculty Development, instructional faculty in GE and at least one administrator with responsibility in at least one of the named areas.
Who is supported and to what extent?
ITL will support up to four faculty team members per campus covering registration for the WASC-ARC retreat and on site hotel lodging. Campuses are expected to fund team travel to the symposium and attendance of an administrative leader in one of these areas as well as additional faculty if desired.
Presentations and Materials
Presenters' PowerPoint slides and other resources added after conference.
- CSU-ITL GE Symposium: Assessing GE Under EO
- The General of General Education (.pptx)
- When is a Program? Alchemy and Assessment in GE Redesign (.pptx)
- DRAFT Outline of Chico's Pathways GE Program (.doc)
- Program Level GE Assessment: A Pilot Project (.pptx)
- LEAP Essential Learning Outcomes Framework - GE Area Mapping (.pdf)
- LEAP Essential Learning Outcomes Framework - GE PLO Mapping (.pdf)
- Beyond GE Seat Time for an Integrated 21st Century Education (.pptx)
- CSU-ITL GE Symposium: Assessing GE at the Program Level (.pptx)