How to Apply
Are you interested in applying to the California Pre-Doctoral Program? Whether you are merely "shopping" to see whether graduate school is right for you or absolutely sure of your intent to go to graduate school, you should consider applying.
The online application is available now. Please click on the blue box to open the 2017-18 Sally Casanova Scholarship application packet.
The award year begins July 1 and ends June 30 of the following year. This period does not include the optional Summer Research Experience that takes place during the summer following the award.
This is a one-time award. Current or former Pre-Doctoral Scholars are not eligible to reapply.
Instructions for the 2017-2018 Sally Casanova Scholarship:
- The application cycle opens on December 2, 2016
- Online application submission due date is no later than 11:59 p.m. on February 24, 2017
- Check with your campus coordinator for specific deadlines relevant to your campus (they may be earlier)
- The application in the packet is a template only
- Please thoroughly read the entire application packet before you start your application process
- Your final application will be filled out online with multiple attachments
- In order to apply you must first meet with the California Pre-Doctoral coordinator on your campus
- Fill out the required components of the application and schedule a meeting with your campus coordinator to review your draft application. You should have completed your student plan and budget, three essays, transcripts, and faculty sponsor form/letter of recommendation prior to your meeting
- The campus coordinator will review and approve your draft application before you are allowed to start your online submission
- Once the campus coordinator has approved your draft application, you will be given access to the online website where you will submit your final application and attachments
- The online submission process can be started and saved before your final submission. You can work on the online application over multiple sessions
- Below are templates for the required application attachments
- All attachments must be saved as pdf. documents
- Transcripts must be scanned and saved as pdf. documents as well
- If you have any questions, please check with your Pre-Doc campus coordinator