EHE - Excellence in Higher Education - Introduction
EHE is an integrated approach to assessment, planning, and improvement specifically designed for use in colleges and universities. It combines accreditation concepts from WASC and other accrediting bodies with the Malcolm Baldrige performance excellence framework.
The CSU Quality Improvement Program is supporting the adoption of EHE by providing information and training opportunities, and helping to develop EHE facilitators at campuses.
Learn the basics of EHE
- Read a brief outline of the EHE assessment areas
- View a 45 minute narrated PowerPoint Presentation by EHE author, Dr. Brent Ruben
- Read a paper describing EHE
Hear how EHE has been used in the CSU
- View a 30 minute narrated PowePoint presentation from May 2009 describing how Maritime Academy introduced EHE in the Housing and Residential Life area.
Read more background information on EHE
- Application of the Baldrige process in Higher Education
- Checklist/introduction/starting point for using EHE
- Eight Fundamental Challenges, by Dr. Brent Ruben
- Pursuing Excellence in Higher Education, by Dr. Brent Ruben
Get information about EHE courses
- There are currently no courses scheduled within the CSU
- Search for a public course (Baldrige Goes to College: Excellence in Higher Education) on the NACUBO website
- Purchase the EHE Reference Materials
EHE was developed by Dr. Brent Ruben, Distinguished Professor of Communication and Executive Director of the Center for Organizational Development and Learning at Rutgers University and founding Chair of the National Consortium for Continuous Improvement in Higher Education (NCCI).