Each of the California State University 23 campuses operates a police department, whose peace officers are sworn and certified by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST). Each police/public safety department is charged with maintaining a safe campus environment by enforcing federal and state laws, CSU regulations, and the establishment of crime deterrence and prevention related programs.
The authority to operate a sworn law enforcement agency on each CSU campus and at the Chancellor’s Office is pursuant to § 89560 of the California Education Code and § 830.2 of the California Penal Code.
- Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST)
- International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA)
- California Peace Officer Association (CPOA)
- California College and University Police Chiefs Association (CCUPCA)
- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
- Find California Codes and Statutes
- California Codes of Administrative Law
- Crime Statistics - Search Department of Education