Non-Resident Transfer Applicants

Out-of-State/International Transfer Students

Many of the CSU campuses have higher admission standards for Non-resident students (out-of-state and international students), additional information on non-resident requirements can be found on the Nonresident Eligibility Index. Some campuses have higher standards for particular majors; a few campuses have higher standards for all applicants.

Transferrable Courses:

If you are transferring from a 4-year college, a private college, or a college outside of California, it is important that you consult with the CSU campus to which you are planning to transfer to identify the specific courses necessary to meet the transfer requirements.

If you are a non-resident or private school transfer student it is recommended that you complete at least 60 semester units or 90 quarter units before transfer. It is recommended that at least 30 semester units (45 unit quarter units) of general education requirements in written communications, critical thinking, speech, and quantitative analysis (mathematics). Once you are ready for apply, contact the CSU campus which you are applying and request an evaluation of your transferrable coursework. Some campuses will provide this service prior to admission; otherwise the CSU campus will request a copy of your official transcripts during the admission application phase.

Out-of-State Tuition & Fees:

Information on the current cost of attendance at the CSU or non-resident tuition and fees can be found on the Academic Affairs Tuition Fee Information web page.

WICHE/WUE Interstate Reduced Tuition Transfer Exchange

The WESTERN UNDERGRADUATE EXCHANGE (WUE) is a program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). Students who are residents of a participating WICHE state are eligible to request a reduced tuition rate of 150% of resident tuition at the participating two-year or four-year institutions outside of their home state.

The WUE reduced tuition rate is not automatically awarded to all eligible candidates. Many institutions limit the number of new WUE awards each academic year, so students should apply early and must apply directly to the participating CSU campuses. The following CSU campuses participate in the WUE program: California State University Maritime Academy, CSU Chico, CSU Dominquez Hills, CSU East Bay
CSU Monterey Bay, CSU Northridge, CSU Sacramento, CSU San Bernardino, CSU Stanislaus, Humboldt State University.