Reporting Transparency

Chancellor's Office Gifts to Agency Approval and Reporting Requirements

The Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) has established criteria regarding gifts to employees. The criteria establishes when a gift to an individual employee that is controlled by the agency may be deemed a gift to the agency and not the individual.

FPPC Form 801 is required of all state and local government agencies to disclose gifts made to the agency when the gifts provide a personal benefit to an official of the agency*. If the gift will provide a personal benefit, the head of the agency, or his or her designee, must select the individual who will use the gift. Examples are travel, including transportation, accommodations and food. The gifts must be used for official agency business and must meet other requirements that are set out in FPPC Regulation 18944.2, which is available on the FPPC website.

Vice Chancellor Garrett P. Ashley must approve travel prior to travel commencing. Use Gift to Agency Travel Request form.

California Form 801 (Gift to Agency Report) is to be used to report gifts made to the University. Completed 801 forms should be submitted to the Office of Systemwide Advancement within 30 days. If payments aggregate $2,500 or more in a calendar year, website posting is required. Postings will be maintained for four years.

*An official of the agency is a position which has been designated as such through the Conflict of Interest Policy in the Office of Human Resources.

Completed FPPC Form 801 may be obtained from Human Resources. Reports aggregating more than $2,500 in a calendar year are posted here:

No posted reports at this time.