CSU Student Transfer

How to Get Started

Follow the steps below, and read their related pages, before applying to a CSU campus:

  1. Apply for VA benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs GI Bill® website.
  2. Gather your military transcripts, such as Joint Service Transcript (JST), and Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), or DD 214 documents.
  3. Decide which CSU campuses you are interested in. Check out the CSU map to see where they are located relative to California military installations, and visit Cal State Apply to learn more about each campus.
  4. Determine your benefits by consulting the Education Service Officer (ESO) on your base or the Veterans Affairs office in your area.
  5. Review the sources of financial aid available to veteran students.
  6. Contact the CSU campus you are interested in.